These terms and conditions (Terms) set out the basis on which you may browse, use and subscribe for regular email services from, our website, Pinboard.com (Site). The Site makes available content provided by third parties (Content), and these Terms also apply to Introduction
- such Content.
- The Site is owned and operated by Ourpinboard Limited, a company registered in England with registered offices at 2-3 Ledbury Mews West, London W11 2AE (we, us or our). The Site is not provided by any Group/School/Community or other organisation.
- Your use of the Site will be governed by these Terms and any other documents contained in these Terms, which will form a legal contract between us and you. By browsing or using the Site you are agreeing to be legally bound by the Terms.
- If you would like to contact us for any reason please do so at the address in 1.2 above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the Terms
- We may revise the Terms from time to time in the event that there are changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or there are changes to our business practices.
- If you are an existing subscriber we will email you and give you reasonable advance notice of any changes to these Terms before they take effect and let you know how to cancel a subscription if you are not happy with the changes.
- Your use of the Site will be subject to the most recent version of the Terms available on the Site. We recommend that you read through the Terms available on the Site regularly so that you can be sure that you are aware of any changes that may apply to you.
Access and use of the Site
- The Site is currently made available to you for your personal, non-commercial use and should in no way be connected to any trade, business or professional activity unless you are in one of those categories and we have given you specific permission to be featured in Content.
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice to you.
- Access to and/or subscription to any Group/School/Community specific Content is limited only to users/guardians/carers of children at, or employees of the applicable Group/School/Community and must not be forwarded onto any other third parties.
- You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Submission of Content
- If you have Content which you would like to add to the Site please click here.
- By submitting Content to us you authorise us to amend the style and length of the Content to suit the Site and to use the Content on the Site and in any related emails.
- You take full responsibility for the Content which you submit to the Site.
- We reserve the right not to include any Content on the Site or in any related emails which we consider inappropriate or otherwise negative or unhelpful.
You warrant that the Content you submit does not:
- violate any laws;
- violate or infringe any rights of third parties;
- contain any false or misleading material of any kind;
- contain any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material; and
- contain any information about other third parties or other users without their consent.
- To access the Content made available via the Site or to submit Content to the Site, you will need to register. When you register you are required to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself, and maintain and promptly update your personal information contained in your account profile.
- The account password you provide should be unique and kept secure. You agree not to share your account password, and to keep your password confidential. You must notify us immediately in the event of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- You can unsubscribe from the Site at any time. Please follow the instructions on the Site.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and the Content. You may download extracts of any page(s) from the Site, provided that:
- the material shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
- the material may not be modified or altered in any way;
- you may only use the material for personal, non-commercial purposes;
- the material may not be distributed or sold to any third party; and
- you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material.
Data protection and privacy
Complaints or Queries
- If you have any queries or complaints about the Site or the Content, please contact us using the contact information as detailed in Clause 1.4. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to you promptly.
Links to and from the Site
- You may link to any page of the Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, nor establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Where the Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those websites or resources and we are not responsible or liable for them in anyway.
- We do not guarantee that the Site will always be available, be uninterrupted, secure or free from bugs or viruses, nor that the Site will be free from errors or omissions.
- We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside of our reasonable control, including, without limitation, any failure to operate the Site due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond our control such as acts of god, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, epidemic or other natural disaster, shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labour, materials or a failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- If an event outside of our reasonable control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under these Terms we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you and our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside of our reasonable control.
Limitation of our liability
- You acknowledge that the Site has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. You agree not to use the Site for resale purposes.
- We make no warranty or guarantee of quality or suitability in relation to any of the Content. Any arrangements which you make with third parties in relation to their Content are at your sole risk and responsibility; please conduct appropriate checks.
- The Site operates as a noticeboard for Content. Neither we nor your Group/School/Community is liable for any of the Content featuring on the Site. Please contact us immediately if you are aware of any problems with any of the Content.
- We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity arising from your use of the Site.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- Unless prohibited by law, our maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with these Terms whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in all circumstances be limited to £50.00.
- You shall indemnify us in the event that we incur any claims, costs, damages, losses, or other liability as result of any your actions or omissions, or through using the Site in breach of these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence,
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation,
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Products Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Products Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples);
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- The Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not a party to them.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- Each of the conditions of these Terms operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.